Saturday, June 25, 2016

Friday

Finished our work at 10:45 pm! Highlights today were worship with Jerry Andrews preaching and a Jazz quartet doing the music, the election of our new stated clerk. Our business came out well on all the social issues except for the fact that once again, it means were are asking PMA to do more with less. If you care about our world mission work, peacemaking efforts, evangelism and discipleship, disaster assistance, please consider donating to one or more of these specific areas or even individual people or issues, or giving a general donation to the Presbyterian Mission Agency. I have many friends in these offices, but they now a have a new budget that they cannot meet. None of your per capita money goes to PMA. They raise every penny and do some of the best work of all our agencies. Tomorrow we will end with worship led by Larissa Kwong Abazia. It has been a bittersweet week. Again, I recommend the experience. I have felt the Holy Spirit, and I have sensed spirits of delusion. I have made new friends and strengthened my connections among my colleagues within the Presbytery of Coastal Carolina. I am utterly exhausted!

No comments: