Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Getting Started

So for a few years now, my friends have been telling me I should blog. I've Although I'm quite active on a couple of message boards, blogging just doesn't appeal to me. Sure, I like reading and commenting on other people's blogs, but honestly, I don't enjoy writing that much. I can do it, but I don't generally enjoy it. I don't even always write full sermon manuscripts.
I've never been into journalling. The only time I ever journal is when I'm seriously depressed or in a quandry about something. I call my journal "The Sad and Bad Book", and when I finally manage to fill one up (it takes several years, which is probably a good thing, seeing as how they are mostly negative), I burn them.
I had a class in seminary that required us to keep 3 different journals. It was torture, and the proof was a B- in the class. Then another semester, every single class I had required journal keeping. Ugh! Fortunately, those journals were more directed writing, so they weren't too bad. In fact, the ones for my Christian Ed. and ethics class (Christianity and the Problem of Racism) were actually enjoyable.
But now I've succumbed to the pressure, I guess! Here is my very own blog. What can you expect? Certainly I will not write everyday, but I will check to keep up with comments. You will NOT be reading the stuff that goes into "The Sad and Bad Book," although I may occasionally rant about something. (That's totally different!) Hopefully I'll be able to podcast some of my sermons from here. (If not, we'll do it on the website.) You'll get a random mixture of seriousness and silliness posted at random intervals. (We'll see how regular they become!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well this is a first for me. I am a regular internet surfer and I have NEVER heard of blogging!! Seriously what IS the root of this word? Where does it come from and what does it mean? As Jamey often says to me esplain (mispelled on purpose). Glad to see the website up and running. Maybe we can have some serious theological discussions on the member talk. Peace to all,
Robbie

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the masses. :)

Pastor Parato said...

"Blog" is short for Web Log--an online journal.

B & C said...

so glad we'll have a way to keep up with you! --c

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's your English major roomie here. I'm so proud! You, technically you're not "writing." Your typing via stream-of-consciousness so it's really more like louder thinking. Does that make you feel better? Well, from a regular journal girl, glad you could join us. I'll check in from time to time and see how you're managing. Keep up the clickity-clack.

In Christ Alone
Alison

Pastor Parato said...

Well, you know how I like to talk, Alison, so it helps if I think of it that way!

Pastor Parato said...

Hey, Claire,
Did you all get rid of Ryminations? I see you have Ryute66, but no posts showed up.

Kari said...

So glad I found your blog!
Yes I heard about the news. I am so happy for you!
SO glad I will be able to get updated with you here.
Love Ya,
Kari